Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Losing his wisdom (teeth) 

Cameron needed all 4 of his wisdom teeth taken out.  He requested to have the surgery over Christmas break so he didn't miss any school.  The oral surgeon could get him in today.  He prepped by consuming all of his Christmas candy yesterday.   Like everything Cameron does, he has to experience it to the fullest. So he asked if I would take before and after photos.  He also used his Christmas gift cards to purchase a new robe on the way so that he looked good while fulfilling their request that he come dressed in comfy clothing.  

He was a little worried until they assured him they had good drugs.   He wasn't in there very long, and they told me they were ready to load him.  I drove around to the "loading dock" where they put him in the car for me.  We no sooner got pulled out of our parking space when he jumped from the moving car because we forgot the "after picture."   He clearly did not comprehend the directions.  

He gave me a lot of other problems on the way home wanting to go shopping, "needing" to stop off and get lottery tickets, wanting gobstoppers, being mad when the drive through pharmacy gave us pain meds rather than holiday scratcher tickets, demanding a milkshake from sonic and then proceeding to let it roll out of his mouth because he couldn't feel his lips.  I was never so happy to pull into my own driveway before.  I'm glad he is now resting comfortably on the couch.  Seems to have calmed down considerably.  Next time, I will take Colin so I have someone to control him.  Hoping he heals up quickly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment