Sunday, July 29, 2018

Masonic week 


Cameron spent this week donating his time to the Kansas Masonic band with 200 other kids from across the state.  They perform at the Shrine bowl as the conclusion of their camp.  It always amazes me when these kids get together and after a few short days, put on such an impressive performance.   Plus I am very proud of Cameron for donating his time and energy to such a worthwhile cause.

Jim and I went down to Pittsburg to watch.  We did not go down for the parade in the morning, but I heard it was fun!

Cameron plays the tuba.  I tried to circle him because we were far away.

We did go for the pregame, and the halftime performances. They did not disappoint (unlike the Italian food we ate as a special celebration of having a day by ourselves!).

Good job Cameron and band kids!   It was an exceptionally fun night!  I enjoyed having hours with the dude I married.

Jim and Colin were unloading a pitching machine.  Jim dropped his side and bashed his own skull around pretty good.  The cut was bad enough, but overnight the big shiner developed.  It’s pretty wicked looking!  This is made worse by the fact that last week he had a gash on the other side of his forehead from a branch snapping back.  People are starting to think he is in an abusive marriage!  In all honesty, I am very thankful he wasn’t hurt much worse.  Colin said it could have been really bad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment