Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Summer after ball....


There is life after ball season!  We have enjoyed the reclaiming of our evenings!   This evening, despite them calling for rain (who are we kidding- it doesn’t rain here!?!) we made a little trip to the lake.  I had to pick Jim up anyway, so it was a good way to spend the evening.  Pomona lake has taken a beating from zebra mussels.  I was told by a friend if we went over, to make the kids wear shoes.  This turned out to be very good advice!  The beach is littered with the shells and they are sharp like glass!
The kids still had a lot of fun.  Colin went along and we were talking about how these kids have fun no matter where we go!  It’s a good life skill!

Cameron is attending Kansas Masonic band camp this week in Pittsburgh.  I am proud of him for donating his time for such a worthy cause!  This will be his final performance before he starts college!  I am still trying to convince him KSU band would be fun!

Grandma and Mallory took Clayton, Saige and Harper, along with Amy and her daycare kids to the dinosaur exhibit at Union Ststion today.  The girls must have been impressed because they talked and talked about it all evening!   Clayton was equally enthralled!  Preston and Quincy elected to stay home.  They were commenting on how quiet it was at home today!  Quincy made us a Texas sheetcake.  It turned out amazing despite us tweaking the recipe due to not having all the needed ingredients.  It is completely gone this evening, which in this house means it was good!
This summer, I have been getting up early, walking and talking on the phone with my friend Grace.  It is good motivation to get up early and I have thoroughly enjoyed my morning chats with a woman who I don’t get to spend near enough time with.  20-25 minutes flies by and makes exercising a little more fun. The scenery is amazing as well!  When school starts, I am gong to miss this.
The kittens have turned out to be a wonderful addition to our house.  They are potty trained, sweet and super helpful with laundry!   I had  forgotten how much I like having a cat to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment