Tuesday, August 20, 2019

First day of school



Today is the first day of the 2019-2020 school year.  This will be Mallory's 2nd year teaching 2nd grade.  She was a little nervous.  This is Madison's first official day working in the kitchen.  I should have taken a picture of her in her grilled cheese shirt, but I wasn't fully functioning when she had to leave!  

Saige was stoked.  She was up, dressed, lunch packed, chores done and teeth brushed an hour early.  She was on her own in the happy to go back mood.  She is in 2nd Grade this year at Overbrook school with Mrs. Grinke.  She couldn't be happier.  

This is Harper's first year at Carbondale.  I think she was a little nervous.  She was unwilling to talk about it, but when she was unloading from my bus she growled in my ear - where do I go?  Luckily for me I know stuff!  haha!  She is in 4th grade with Mrs. Lattimer.  Once she gets going, it will be a great year.  She is always a reluctant participant in new things.  

The king of nerves this morning - Preston is going to high school.  Freshman year is always a challenge I think.  He is ready, but worried.  He will do great I know!  He will be graduating before he knows what hit him!  He drove himself.  I have a lot of prayers to say this year.  

Quincy is in her final year of Jr. High, 8th grade.  She is never ready to go back, but she will also do great.  She was busily chatting on the bus this morning with all her friends so I know she will drop right back into gear.  When I started 8th grade my dad told me "big dog in the meat house this year, don't let it go to your head."  At the time, I had no clue what he was talking about!  As my kids have started 8th grade I have told them all the same thing.  You know, they have to have something to talk to their therapists about!  :)  She is playing football and attempting to convince her band director to let her switch to the drums rather than the trombone.  We shall see what happens!  Should be a great year for her!

I always tell my friend Grace she has to take pictures of her kids on their first days.  It is tradition.  She gives me a lot of grief over it, saying she lived just fine without anyone taking a first day photo of her when she was growing up.  She told me I should take a first day photo of myself on the bus each year -so I did.  First day  of year 4.  I had a good morning.  I do hate wearing regular shoes when it is hot though!  
Since Aunt Mall had to go back to work, we are back to the schedule of Evie hanging out and then  catching a ride to town with Grandpa.  Once I get off the bus, she comes with me to work.  Jim's assistant clerk took this adorable photo this morning.  I love them!
This is going to be a great year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment