Monday, August 5, 2019

Weekends aren't for relaxing

Considering that I took Friday off to watch the Douglas County beef show and we had a 3 day weekend, one would think I would feel all rested up and ready to tackle this week.  The opposite is true.  I am not rested, I am not ready and I am not feeling prepared for our fair that is coming up later this week.  I feel like we will be ready, but the next couple of days will be a marathon.  The kids and I did enjoy watching Clayton, Gavin and Emma-Kate show their calves.  They all did a great job!  





I think even Evie loved her first beef show!  :)  My kids don't especially love the beef show, but the chance that they will get to go out for lunch is too great for them to skip it!  

We are quickly running out of summer days.  With the rest of this week being devoted to the fair, I told the kids we had to get some of the cleaning done and a few projects that I wanted to get  finished.  They did help me, but we did not get my list completely accomplished.  I think between my list and Jim's list, we might have tried to do too much.  The kids worked hard, and I was thankful.  

As we were all busy with projects, and Mallory was having Madison help her with cupcakes, we asked Saige if she would help us entertain Evelyn.  I got a kick out of Saige's idea of how to entertain a baby!  Luckily, this is one easy going kid!  
Jim and I have been debating all summer about whether it is time to think about getting a newer or better vehicle.  Our van's air conditioner died, and it has a few other problems making us think maybe it is time.  I hate spending money on cars, and I absolutely loathe car shopping.  Nothing is more depressing than finding a car you like and then finding out the price.  We spent several hours looking, test driving and discussing.  We even found a vehicle we agreed upon, and liked.  Then we started the negotiations and we walked away.  Now I at least know what we like or want.  I wish it would have worked out so we could be done, but the process should be easier now.  (Insert eye roll).  

At least when the car shopping was done, we didn't have to go home and cook dinner.  We had a great time at Mallory's housewarming party.  I think she is happy in her new home, and has done a great job of getting all moved in and set up.  I was happy to get to see Colin and Spencer for a while too!  


We spent a great amount of Sunday doing more home projects, and then had to go to the fair ground clean up night.  I was impressed at how many people showed up and I was thrilled to be done in a little over an hour.  That was a first!  I do love the county fair.  I wish we were more ready.  I am looking forward to it though!  



One of the projects for the weekend was getting apples in the freezer.  My friend called me and asked if I wanted a bushel of apples.  Never being one to turn down free stuff, I was thrilled!.  When she delivered them, she brought me 2 bushels!  We froze apples for pies, made a caramel apple cheesecake, and made apple butter.  Currently, my fingers are stained and I don't want anything to do with apples, but my heart is thankful, and my freezer is full.  The kids were a pretty good help, but Harper was the one who stayed up late last night helping me finish.  She is a good little helper!  
I need a do over on the weekend with a good book and a recliner!  Next weekend isn't looking too promising on the relaxation front either!  

No comments:

Post a Comment