Monday, August 26, 2019

Weekend and more first days

We had one of those weekends where we had a lot to do, but nobody really felt like doing it.  Jim was a little under the weather.  The weather was a little under the weather as well.  We got a few things accomplished, but overall, not what needed to happen.  

The weather.  blahh.  It rained really hard.  Again.  There is flooding. Again.  This is the low water bridge that I have to cross on my bus route.  Again.  The kids wanted to look at it.  Then they were sad that they didn't have fishing gear with them.  It was back down this morning and I was able to cross it with the bus, but it rained this morning.  Again.  The rain seriously needs to come down 1/2 an inch at a time. 




A couple weeks ago (during the fair - of course!) the dishwasher broke.  I tried really hard to live without one.  I told myself it was ok, I don't mind hand washing dishes.  I thought we could wait a little while before spending the money.  Lots of people don't have dishwashers right?  Then I spent 2 hours Saturday cleaning the kitchen.  It wasn't that we hadn't done dishes, but we cleaned out the refrigerator, had lunch boxes stacked up and heaven know what else.  I told Jim I could not wait.  (Sorry Jim!).  So Jim and Andrew had a major undertaking  to get the old dishwasher out.  The former owners of our house build hard wood floors in front of the dishwasher, making the dishwasher 1/2 inch or more taller than the hole we needed to get it out of.   Broke is Broke so they took a saws all to it.  :)  The new dishwasher won't be delivered for a few days.  The kids were all joking about not getting a new one, they liked their new "hideout."  


I was not exactly surprised to find that it was Sunday evening and that yet another weekend went by way too fast!  Every.  Single.  Time.  

Today is Cameron's first day of his Sophomore year at KSU.  He asked Jim and I to come out this weekend to meet the player day for the football team.  We decided since we have tickets to next weekend's game, we would wait until next week.  I was sorry I missed out after he sent me this picture!  

I asked Cameron for a first day photo, and this is what he sent.  Apparently his roommate had a birthday last night.  Not much sleep before class today!  The boy does make me laugh.  I hope he has a great year!  

Madison doesn't like me to take pictures of her, but she is also starting classes at KSU today.  She is doing a distance learning program, so her classes are online.  She and Andrew are working really hard to make good decisions for their family.   I can't tell you how proud I am of the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment