Monday, July 29, 2019

never enough

We had a great weekend.  They never last long enough though! Friday, we had a nice lunch with most of the kids at the local bar.  We try hard to not eat out, but once in a while you have to go eat TJ's burgers!  After lunch, we visited the book sale.  I will be completely honest, I do not like to buy books.  We all love to read, though some of the kids will deny it, but I find them with books a lot.  I just don't see the need to own a lot of books.  They take up room, and I rarely have found a book I wanted to read twice.  We spend a lot of time at the library, and we download a lot of stuff.  Once a year, I make an exception to my "no buying books" rule.  At the library book sale.  They have a bag deal - all the books you can fit into one bag for $3.  How could you go wrong with that?  The girls know this is their one chance and I tell you, there is no way you could have fit more books into a bag than those 2 little girls did!  I splurged this year and they each got their own bag!  :)  When we got home, I realized they had each gotten puzzle as well.  I have no patience for puzzles, but the kids did have fun trying to get this one together.  I told Saige she cannot open hers until they finish Harper's!  Preston worked for a very long time on it.  I would say they got it about 1/4 done.  If it sits there long enough, Jim won't be able to stand it and he will help them finish it! 

I do love that my kids like to read.  It made me happy to come in and see the girls happily reading!  I love our local library as well, we are blessed with that in our small town.

Madison has had to work a lot of weekends since she got her new job.  She was excited to have this weekend completely off.  She and Andrew decided to plan a picnic at the lake.  They invited us all to join them for Evie's first lake day!  This baby does love the water!  She fits right in with her aunts!  Preston decided he didn't want to take off work, and Colin and Cameron were helping Spencer move, so we missed all of them!  










It was a lot of fun, good food, and a nice chance to sit down and catch up a little bit.  We should do it more often!  



Sunday was a mad scramble of catching up.  I was happy to see Colin when he came to work on his derby car.  Derby is right around the corner, and he is mostly ready!  The kids had fun zooming around the yard again!  Sadly, I don't think we will get to watch all of his derby, because it is at the same time as the livestock auction.  Hoping we can catch some of it though!  We all love a good derby (well, except for Jim - he isn't redneck enough).

Sadly, the weekend is over.



No comments:

Post a Comment