Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A little mid-week gathering

Jim's job sometimes gets us into doing community service. Yesterday, Jim was worried because they didn't have many volunteers to unload books for the library's book sale.  He told Preston if he could get some friends to show up, he would buy them pizza for lunch.  Preston has had this handful of friends since they were babies.  They came to the rescue, and Jim did indeed buy them pizza.  Then they decided they should spend the afternoon at our house.  When I went to take them home, they were chest deep in our pond (our pond that is really a mud hole).  I told them they had to get out, clean up in the hose and dry off before I took them home.  Somehow, drying off after taking a hose bath included lighting a camp fire.  That turned into gee it would be awful to waste a good campfire, so Jim agreed to bringing home hotdogs and marshmallows.   The next thing I know, they all have permission to sleep out on the trampoline.  An impromptu camp out.  I can't complain.  I honestly did not see them.  They all stayed outside, without a cell phone in sight playing in the mud, playing ball, cooking their own dinner, and sleeping out under the stars.  It was a good little gathering.


The corn the neighbors gave us not only filled up my freezer, but it made some critters incredibly happy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment