Wednesday, July 17, 2019

living the good life

In the summer, my friend Grace and I get up early, talk on the phone and walk.  I enjoy this a lot!  I am very blessed to have a friend who is so much fun to visit with!  This morning, while I was visiting, I also stopped along my driveway to take pictures of the wildflowers (sorry Grace - I was sweating though, so it still counts as exercise?).  I enjoy flowers.  Mallory has been making all kinds of flower beds at her new house, and I have been remembering how much I used to enjoy planting flowers.  I don't really plant much anymore because we own goats.  About the time you think they look beautiful, the goats escape and eat them all.  :)  I do love the goats!  I was looking at the pictures I took and I think the wildflowers are just as beautiful as anything that I have ever planted!  I love where we live.  I absolutely love it!  I love the peace and quiet, the lack of traffic, the lack of people, the open spaces, watching the wild animals,  the ability to own a few critters, all of it! 






I also love this little baby!  She is an amazing blessing and I am forever thankful that I get to be her grammy!  :)   And I mean seriously - isn't she beautiful?  I am getting a huge kick out of her.  She has recently found her voice and her feet!  So much fun!


Of interest, Ovebrook had a mural that someone painted a long time ago.  It started to peel and look bad, so the betterment committee hired a woman to re-do it.  She finished yesterday.  I was amazed by how fast she did this!  It looks amazing!  I absolutely love it!  I drove the kids by it on our way to the pool, and asked Preston to take a picture since I was driving down the highway.  He is not a good photographer.   I will stop someday and take the kids pictures with it just for fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment