Friday, July 19, 2019

Headin' into the weekend

This feels like it has been an incredibly long, chaotic, weird, and did I mention long week?  We have had no ball games, which should have made life easier.  But it didn't seem to stop the crazy.  I did enjoy taking the kids to night swim, and we also went to evening swim several times.  They never seem to get tired of swimming.  I am happy to take them, as it wears them out!  We have also been working with fair projects, and planning for that.  I pointed out to the kids that they only have one month left of summer break.  Nobody liked me at that moment.  :)  


Story time - Cameron always makes me laugh.  I miss him like crazy.  Honestly, I hope someday he becomes an author, or a comedian or something because he has this way of turning an ordinary thing into a crazy story.  He was at home, getting ready for work when a bat started flying around inside his house.  He does not know where the bat came from, and he said he had honestly never seen an alive bat before.  He didn't know what to do, so he face timed me.  Except I didn't answer.  He then face timed everyone he could think of and nobody answered.  So he got his bat gear together - as pictured above - and decided to sweep the bat out the door.  This did not go well.  He then decided to consult the internet - because you really can learn anything on YouTube!  They had excellent advice about turning off all the lights, opening a window and pointing a flashlight toward where you want the bat to go.  I guess it worked, because he no longer has a bat in his house - unless it is hiding somewhere waiting for him to drop his guard.   When I talked to him the next day I was seriously in pain laughing at him and his craziness.  I hope this is the last bat he encounters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment