Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Busy days. Busy nights

Basketball season means we literally spend all of our free time watching someone play basketball.  This week, Saige has 2 games, and Preston has 3 games.  It is a really good thing we like basketball!   Preston played last night at Silver Lake.  He seemed off to me, and when he got home, he told Jim he wasn't feeling the best.  He seemed fine today, so I think maybe he was just tired.  I enjoyed watching this game because they literally came back from being down by a lot, to win!  It was fun!

Preston is #10 in blue.

Besides basketball, Preston and Quincy had their district contest for FBLA today.  This was the day I have been dreading.  The one where Preston needed to drive, but the road conditions were not good, and I had to let him go anyway.  I think it is important to get experience with driving in snow, but I don't like the idea of practicing in the dark, on 56 highway!  He had to be at the school early, and with me driving the bus, and Jim having the other kids to get ready, the choices were extremely limited.  Preston made it, and I am thankful for that!  Quincy's jr high group wasn't leaving until later, so at least she could go on the bus as usual!  She and Landrie had matching hair, and they looked so nice that I forced them to stop so I could take a picture.  They don't enjoy cleaning up!  I am also thankful for Mallory, who loaned Quincy an outfit to wear.  Quincy isn't known for her dress up wardrobe!  :)  I hope they have a good day, compete well, and enjoy themselves!

Lauren sent me the above photo.  It cracked me up.  Cameron is one of those people who thinks he should be instantly good at something, even though he has never done it before.  If he isn't good at it, he then declares his hatred for the activity!  Lauren said he was mad because little kids were skating circles around him!  I am glad she understands his personality!  :)  I like the picture!

Cameron also sent me this picture of his first day of the second semester!   I never don't want photos!  He understands this!  He also texted me late last week to say "3rd day and I already hate calculus!"  Son, I understand completely.  As a matter of fact, if I was giving advice, I would just say change majors!   (kidding.....sort of).  











No comments:

Post a Comment