Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New year, new you









We had a low key, but still fun New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day here at our house.  Madison and I made a bunch of snacks for dinner.  My family loves this tradition.  Saige spent the night with a friend, so we plugged in a replacement child for the evening, with Landrie hanging out here.  
I spent some time reflecting over the last year.  The thing that stands out to me is that no matter what has happened, we have stuck it out together as a family.  I can’t say it was a phenomenal year, but I can’t say it was bad either.   I am ready for a new chapter!   
We have had a couple of really funny moments already!   As the clock struck midnight, Landrie yelled out “new year...new you” and then she dropped down and started rapidly doing push ups.  Seriously made us all crack up.  
This morning we went to mass for the holy day, picked Saige up and dropped Preston off at basketball practice.  I told the girls we were going to have a decluttering day.   They all went to their rooms and I took the Christmas decorations down.   After a while I checked on their progress.  There was a pretty large pile on Saige’s floor.   I asked what it was and was told “that is my broken things collection.”   Apparently decluttering is not her strongest attribute. 
I am hoping this will be a year where we can purge some stuff out of our closets and maybe do a few of the projects on my list (my long, ever expanding list). 

No comments:

Post a Comment