Monday, May 4, 2020

Sunday is my fav

I have loved Sunday my entire life.  There is something about Sunday, a day that was set aside to rest.  During this pandemic, every day seems sort of like a Sunday!  Yesterday, we helped plant flowers at the church.  We may not be able to attend mass right now (at least not in person), but we can be ready when they throw the doors back open.  The kids miss going to church.  They miss the people we attend church with, and they have been really worried about some of the older people at our church.  They were happy to help, and I was proud of how they all jumped in and worked.  It looks pretty and I can't wait to see how they grow and fill in!  I also can't wait to get back to mass, and hope to see all of the people we are missing!




We are continuing to do Sunday dinner through this.  We miss Colin and Cameron being around, but it does us all good to have a little bit of normalcy in our lives.  Preston bought a new game called "What do you Meme?"  It was entertaining and it made me happy to see all of them hanging out together.  



Evie and I had to take a little break from game playing....she didn't like that nobody would give her cards!  We went out and looked at the baby chicks instead.  She loves them!  She is so very close to walking....I saw her take several steps yesterday.  She is also really taking off in her talking!  We all just love this little angel baby.  


We also spent a pretty good chunk of time fixing up an old dog pen that we got from the neighbor.  The plan is to put our old  hens in the new pen, and the babies in the current pen.  We only have one close-by neighbor, and they sold their house.  We will be getting new neighbors sometime in June.  Quincy and Harper were disappointed to learn that they only have a baby, and not a "couple of hawt sons."  Jim and I were most definitely not disappointed by this news.  :)  We have found that dog kennels make great chicken pens.  Our property is full of rock, which makes driving fence posts incredibly difficult.  Free standing dog kennels eliminate the need for posts.  We have to secure them a little bit, because everything loves to eat chicken.  I know that chickens and ducks are messy and sometimes smelly, Quincy and Harper often come in smelling rather bad from playing with them, but I have been excessively happy to have them.  I have friends telling me that eggs are hard to find in the stores!  I love having a fresh supply.  


I was sad to see Sunday end.  I am never ready for the weekend to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment