Saturday, May 23, 2020

Little projects everywhere









Madison has a second job couple nights per week.  This week we had Evie most of the day,   We all got a huge kick out of feeding her a snack of ranch dip and crackers.  She ate the dip and threw the crackers on the floor while yelling “dog! Dog!”   We didn’t have the heart to tell her Blitz doesn’t like crackers!  She is awesome. We all just love her.  

When Madison goes to work, she drops Evelyn off at Mallory’s house.  Jim and I then stop and pick her up, and she goes to work with me.  Jim was telling Mallory how much he loved the paint on her front door.  Mallory gave him the rest of the paint!   I started out the weekend with a list.  Painting the door was on the list.  Never mind how much stuff on the list didn’t get done, we still managed to get a lot done today.  It didn’t help that Jim also had a list.    We love how the door turned out, but now I want to paint the lights and I’m afraid the cement will never be clean due to the dogs always laying by the door.  I guess having a never ending list just goes with life.    

While I was painting, Saige asked if she could practice photography.  She took some pretty good pictures!  I really like the shadow one!   She kept herself entertained for quite a while, and once again I am thankful that there is no film to develop because she took about 60 or 70 photos!  

Other accomplishments for the day were getting a lot of mowing done, getting a lot of the bottom of the pool raked and plucked out, fixing the captains nook on our deck, planting more herbs in the herb garden, starting more plants inside, and the girls worked on scrubbing cabinets and trim with oil soap.  A productive but exhausting day!  

Which is why when Harps and Saige asked if I wanted a pedi I readily agreed.  Spa night is always a huge favorite around here!  

And this happened today too.  Our new grand dog, Volt.   Colin and Spencer have been looking for a puppy for a few weeks now.  Apparently puppies are another thing that is hard to find during a pandemic.  I love looking for stuff on the farm pages.  I found these red heelers and I wanted one.  Luckily, they were not far from Colin and he got one instead!  I love him!  He’s adorable!  It was hard for me not to load up and drive to Wichita to meet him in person!   

No comments:

Post a Comment