Sunday, May 24, 2020

All work and no play? Never!











On our way home from church this morning, I told the kids we had to do some cleaning.  They asked if they could try out this slip and slide Quincy found on clearance last winter.  I said they could, just as soon as they helped me clean and we got the back yard mowed.  This turned out to be quite a good bribe, as they worked really hard and we got all the cleaning up done rather quickly.  Sort of makes me wish my list had been longer!   The girls had a lot of fun playing around in the water in the back yard.  They were also reminiscing on how many Memorial Day weekends we have gone to the opening of the city pool.  Overbrook is opening their pool, but not until June 15.   We did get a message saying our pool is finally being shipped, so we were also excited about that!  

We had our weekly Sunday dinner, and then Andrew and Preston decided to go fishing.   The girls wanted to go.   Harper caught a pretty large drum.   Everyone else caught some smaller fish. They were using some bait that Andrew made.  
We got a lot done today, but managed to squeeze in some fun as well.  I love Sunday the most!  

Madison and Andrew got Evie a fish tank.  I thought this was hilarious - her with the net!   She is such a great kid.   

No comments:

Post a Comment