Friday, May 15, 2020

Lil outlaws










I think all parents are scrambling a little during this time, trying to figure out things we can do that aren’t a violation of state rules.  I have seen a few things shared on Facebook, some of which I had no idea about, despite growing up here.   Jesse James hide out cave near Pomona was a new one for me.  Now as outings go, this one won’t take you very long.  The cave is literally visible from the road and is maybe a 20 foot walk.  The path is a little bit steep though, and with recent rains it was pretty slick.  The kids had a great time seeing this, and thought it was really neat.  Of course, if you’re in Pomona, you aren’t far from Ottawa.  Ottawa has Dairy Queen.  And yes, the little outlaws did con me into taking them for dipped cones.  
I did make Preston read some information about Jesse and his gang to them.  Just because it’s summer, doesn’t mean it can’t be educational!   We also talked a lot about the Great Depression.  I truly believe that is where we are headed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment