Thursday, June 24, 2021

Colin is 23


Today is Colin's 23rd birthday.  I wish I could say I would get to see him, but a phone call will have to do for today.  I don't even have words for how proud we are of this kid.  He is doing great things in his life.  He has a great job, an amazing girlfriend (who we all love) and yesterday, he and Spencer bought a house.  As soon as ball season is over, we are going to crash his new place for sure!  Colin is one of those people who never knew a stranger.  He has a way of making friends with everyone.  He has an uncanny ability to see the good, even where other people don't.  He is hard working and he can't be still.  I miss having him closer, but after his sister moved halfway across the country, having him 2 hours away isn't bad!  

I remember the day this kid was born.  I was being induced.  It was hotter than heck, even though it was still dark as we drove to the hospital.  I was nervous, of course.  Jim grabbed my hand and said "this is a very, very good day to have our baby!"  I thought he was being sweet.  I had a moment of thinking I married the best man ever.  But Jim just couldn't stop there, he had to add "yea, it is NBA draft day, and since we don't have cable at home, I will be able to watch it at the hospital."  Talk about going from aaaahhhhh to wtf in 4 seconds time!  :)  Jim and the doctor sat in my room and watched the draft and talked about basketball.  I think that is when my son started following sports!  
Honestly, though, this kid has brought us a lot of joy, and I am so thankful for him!  

Not birthday related, but this week, I ran to get groceries, and Saige accompanied me.  She is hands down the pickiest eater I have ever seen.  Worse than Cameron.  Worse than Preston.  I was pleased when she asked me if she could get some nectarines, and followed that up with asking for a pineapple  She recently tried strawberries for the first time and liked them!  Anyway, I won't say no to buying certain things for the kids when they ask.  Fruits and Veggies are included in that.   I was, however thinking we would eat the pineapple, not carry it around the house!  :)  Somehow, it became "Spongebob's house."  

Last night, Saige played at Lyndon.  They had a great pitcher, and her team really struggled with how fast she threw, and how accurate she was!  It was a good effort, but they did not win.  
Quincy played against the other Carbondale team.  That team was filled with drama, and Quincy told me she is really happy to be on the team she is on!!  Last night, Quincy got hit by pitch I believe Jim told me 5 times.  It was not a very good  game at all at least for them!  Quincy's team won  both games though!.  














No comments:

Post a Comment