Thursday, June 3, 2021

These kids....

Keep me on my toes all the time!  Cameron is living in Manhattan this summer.  He is doing an internship (paid??? not entirely sure) with the city of Manhattan.  He is also working nights at Texas Roadhouse.  Lauren is home for the summer in Kansas City.  Cameron drove to KC and spent the day with Lauren.  She was amazing as ever, and sent me some pictures.  Monday was the lazy day we needed.  Around 9:30 we were sitting around in our pajamas discussing going to bed, when Cameron drove in!   We were all happy to see him!  He spent the night and then part of Tuesday with us.  He was entertaining us with his new spreadsheets to track his grocery expenses, as well as the price for each item, and how much each meal costs.  He set a goal of eating for $4 or less a day.  Personally, I think he is crazy, and that budget is not nearly enough.  It set off my mom radar system, and I promptly loaded him up with bags of food.  :)  Frugal is one thing, but $4 a day?  That is possible starvation!  It definitely doesn't allow for fruits or vegetables in that lean budget.  I guess for Cameron, that won't make any difference, the only vegetable he has ever eaten were ones I ground up and hid inside of other food!  



Colin and Spencer are on vacation in Colorado. They will be home for a few days, then close on their new house.  I am excited for them. 





It has been fun to get back into the swing of a more traditional summer around here.  Early dinner, ballpark evenings, weird schedules, kids learning to balance work and fun, swimming, and getting geared up for camp.  I am happy to feel like we are back to normal, but I did get out of practice on all this summer craziness!  I have tons of pictures of Harper, since Saige loves taking pictures!  


Actually, my phone seems to be littered with pictures I didn't take!  That's ok!  I love it!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment