Friday, June 25, 2021

No ballpark night





Last night, we had no ball games on our schedule.   Harper had practice and Preston had to umpire.  When I was bringing Harper home, I noticed all the lightening and was surprised that they hadn’t called the game Preston was working at.  When Preston got home a little later, he was telling me that he was behind the plate all night and the storms were behind him. He hadn’t noticed the lightening, and was feeling bad about not calling the game.  I pointed out that there were adults all over up there, and that perhaps someone should have mentioned it to him. 
Today, I told Evelyn she could swim after lunch.  The girls swam for not very long, and we came inside.  Preston was having a debate on whether he should go in to line the fields.  He waited a while, and sure enough, big storms blew in, giving him the night off, and cancelling Quincy’s double header.  It gave us a much needed night at home.   I feel like we haven’t been home in the evenings for a long while!  
A couple of funny stories.  This morning, as I was leaving work, Evelyn asked if we could go to Dollar General.  I told her not today.  She then said “you want a knuckle sandwich?”   The girl likes dollar general I guess!  
This evening, Saige was going to give me a makeover.  She followed this up with telling me she needed a good manicure because her nails look like she ordered them from Wish.  These kids seriously make me laugh.  
It is Stampede weekend. I could have guaranteed the weather would be terrible.  It’s a tradition right?   Colin and Spencer had tickets, but sold them so they can move this weekend. I was thinking that it actually worked out in their favor, because what a terrible mess that would be, camping in the storms.  
Although I thoroughly enjoyed a lazy evening at home with the kids, the reality is that all it does is push the games around on nights that are already filled with other stuff.  Quincy now has 8 games next week.  (Four nights of double headers).  But, as Cameron would say - that is a problem for future Hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment