Thursday, June 17, 2021

RE week








 
This week, Harper and Saige are attending summer RE (like Bible school for Catholics).  They really do enjoy this, and Father Jo was very happy that they are coming over for it.  The only problem I have with this is that it is in Baldwin.  And they need to be dropped off in the morning while I’m at work.  So I “hired” them a chauffeur, Quincy.   I have said many times that I have a love/hate with the kids learning to drive.  On one hand, it helps so much to have people who can drive.  On the other hand, having them go isn’t my favorite and I have worried about sending them every day!   Construction has made it where Quincy has been taking the back roads.  I do not  know of this makes me feel better or worse!  I do appreciate her help though!   This week is dedicated to Saint Joseph.  I have always loved Saint Joseph.  His willingness to listen, to sacrifice to keep his family safe, and he is sort of a mystery.  I mean, he had a pretty big job, and yet there isn’t that much written about him.  I think it speaks to his nature.  I sort of wish I had time to sit in on the classes!   

Unfortunately, summer is my busy time at work, and taking off right now would be difficult at best.   Luckily for me, I have an amazing office assistant!   She works for snacks, and pool time!  

This week has been a little crazy.  The girls have had multiple ball games, Jim has some vacation time he is trying to use, and throwing in RE has been time consuming.  We also took our chickens to be processed.   We were happy that we could go back to Garnett, but we weren’t expecting the pretty big price increase there.  I am happy to have the meat in the freezer, but I’m not sure it saved us any money this year!   I need to do some looking at the store.  What I will say is that I have become a meat snob as I’ve gotten older, and this chicken is just so much better!   It’s not injected full of sodium, and it actually tastes like chicken!  

One more (quasi hilarious) story from this week.  Quincy dropped off the girls yesterday morning and texted me - she thought it was hilarious that  Father Jo was riding a crotch rocket!   She is such a hot mess.  She cracks me up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment