Saturday, June 19, 2021

Photo overload





























I like photos.  Anyone who knows me knows this.  I love taking them, even though I am a terrible photographer, and I love when the kids send them, especially unsolicited.  Cameron has been sending me pictures of his fish.   He’s been eating the fish he catches.  It fits well into his $4 a day budget for food.  It makes me happy to know he’s eating!   
The girls finished their summer RE today with a field trip.  They were gone all day, and were outside most of the day.  It was hot today.  Like 102* hot.  They had a great time.  They visited several churches, learned some local Saint history, and had a picnic lunch.   They said it was a long, hot, but fun day.  They got home, had an hour to cool down, get hydrated, do chores and head out again.  Quincy had a double header in Carbondale.   Harper had a game in Carbondale.   Saige had practice   Preston was supposed to work at the Overbrook ball park, but they had overbooked and so he didn’t have to work.  He went out with friends instead.  

Quincy’s team won both games.   They played Mission Valley, who had been undefeated, and who had been undefeated for seasons before this.   They played amazing.  Quincy was happy about the win, but absolutely giddy because their coach cried when they lost (Quincy’s version anyway).  

Since everyone was in Carbondale, Mallory, Madison and Evelyn came over to watch.   When they got there, Quincy was on break between games. She had purchased 10 pickle shots (frozen pickle juice).  Evelyn wanted one.  She kept licking it and then shivering.  It was really funny.  I told her I would buy her an actual popsicle. 

She has been to like 3 games this summer.  When I told her I’d buy her a popsicle, she took off running, climbed the steps, and started rattling off an order.  It was hilarious!   For the record, that 25 cent popsicle ended up costing me $5.   She’s worth every penny!  

Harper’s team has been struggling with batting.  They did a pretty good job tonight after the coach said if you got a hit, you would get to pie her face after the game.  Harper had 2 very nice hits!   

She not only pied her coach, she also flung some cool whip at Saige.  This did NOT go over well (Saige was over tired).  

This team is full of goofy, dramatic, girls.  If they learn to work together, they will have a little more success I think.   Harper is having fun, so that is what’s important to me.  

Saige’s coach hired a professional photographer.   I love how these turned out.  I am having a really hard time getting them downloaded, so I just took some screen shots.  Somedays technology and I do amazing things.  Somedays we don’t.  
I am exceptionally happy that we survived the week, and I legitimately hope we get some down time this weekend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment