Monday, June 28, 2021

Closer










The weekend was a craziness zone.   We did a little of everything.  Indoor chores, outdoor chores, softball games, pool deck rehab. You name it, we dabbled in it.  
We also welcomed some new kittens into the world.  Sticker Paws, our outdoor cat had 6 little cuties.   The optimist in me says they can stay wild and we will keep them.  The realist in me has already started searching for homes because I know good and well that the girls are going to make them tame. Tame outdoor cats in a place where so many are driving, where we have lots of grand dogs, where we have foxes, bobcats, owls, coyotes all meandering around just do not do well.  Wild cats survive.  Tame ones don’t.   They are cute and hard to resist for sure!  

Let’s talk a little bit about softball.  Friends, I am exhausted.  We have had games almost every single night since school let out.   Getting home at 10:30-11 pm, and then getting up at 5:30 to get Evelyn and go to work has about kicked my pants.  Am I enjoying it?  Absolutely.  But I’m also honest, and I am almost over it.  This is the life we mourned for last year.  I am not complaining.  I am happy to be back watching my kids do the stuff they love, but part of me could use a couple of “quarantine days” to just get caught up on sleep.   
All three girls are enjoying their seasons.  All three are having fun.  All three are gaining new skills.   Quincy is on a team this year, that for the first time in probably 6 years is actually pretty good.  These girls are currently 2nd in their league.  They win games that they aren’t expected to win.  And for the first time in a very long time, Quincy is excited about playing, which makes me happy.  She’s on a fun team of girls who aren’t overly dramatic, who all want to be there, and most of whom are fairly athletically talented.  

One final thing.  If you follow this blog via email, that service is going away.  Despite my tech guy’s (Jim) best efforts, we can’t fix it.  Starting in July, if you want blog updates, you will have to log into the blog to get them.  It’s just a website like any other www.tribeof8.blogspot.com and you can go to it anytime and look at the same content that was being emailed. I’m sorry for any inconvenience.  Totally not my decision.   

No comments:

Post a Comment