Friday, July 2, 2021

Zero out of 5 stars







Yesterday, I had a hernia repair surgery.   I have had 5 c-sections.  I am no stranger to surgery.  So when they told me I could have a laparoscopic, outpatient 45 minute surgery, I thought “no biggie” and then waited until I had a few weeks off from driving the bus.   I am on record with saying laparoscopic surgery isn’t “no biggie.”   Hands down worst thing I’ve ever experienced.   Pumping a person full of gas shouldn’t be a thing.  I thought I was dying.  I wished I was dying.  It was terrible.  My friend Dodie works at the hospital. She came up to visit and told me to get my hump up and move. That it would help.  I listened to her, and did manage to bust out of there late last night.   I’m happy it is over.  I’m happy to be home!    I’d rather go to work.  I’d rather drive a bus!  I’d rather do anything else.  But I think the worst is over now.  I give the experience zero stars - do not recommend!  

While I was out of it, I gave Jim my phone and put him on softball group text duty!   He did a good job, as I had messed up the schedule and made arrangements for all the wrong kids to be taken!  He got it straightened out, and I appreciate that.  He also changed my phone so that Rockford is on my Lock Screen.  Gee....thanks honey.  

I had on my calendar that Saige had a game and   Quincy a game.  Mallory was taking Saige, my mom was taking Quincy.  I made sure both of their ball bags were out of my car.  I made sure all the uniforms were clean.  It was all set.  Turns out I had messed up and the only one who had a game was Harper.  I couldn’t say well just borrow Saige’s ball bag because Harper also happens to be our left handed kid.  Jim ran her equipment to her, Mallory jumped in and took her to her game.  Madison brought dinner (and breakfast and cookies).  It all worked out.  I am very thankful for family willing to jump in and help.  

If you’re going to have surgery, Saige might not be who you want around beforehand.  She was very worried that I would die.  She talked about my impending death for days.  When you come home though, she is a great nurse.  She has been great help!  

I miss my little side kick though.  This morning I watched the news without anyone telling me I had to turn it off and watch Mickey Mouse instead.  It’s going to a long month of missing her daily craziness!   

No comments:

Post a Comment