Sunday, July 4, 2021

Happy birthday America - lightweight edition














Confession time- I think I over did things in my current physical condition yesterday.  I felt pretty bad this morning.  I sent the kids to mass, thinking by the time they got home, I would be better.  I wasn’t.  None of our kids wanted to participate in the bike parade, or the city stuff, so we stayed home.  I felt bad missing Evelyn’s parade debut, but it was necessary today.  Luckily, she had a pretty good size fan club there.   

Not our normal 4th festivities, but I would not say it was a bad day either!  Saige baked us sugar cookies, the kids shot off some fireworks, the dogs hid out behind the couch, Quincy made bbq food, Preston ran and picked up some watermelon, and ice so we could make homemade ice cream.  It was a good day.  

This evening, Quincy and Harper said they would rather stay home and swim, 
Preston went to a friends house, and I found Saige was extremely upset.  She thought that because the other kids weren’t going to the annual city fireworks show, she wouldn’t get to go either.  I would have to be unconscious to miss the fireworks.  She was happy that we were going!   I did explain that I would probably sit on the car, but that dad would walk her around and then we would sit in front of the car to watch the show.  She was good with that, and she and Jim set off in search of snow cones.  Unfortunately, Jim slipped in some mud and fell down, getting completely covered in it!  Luckily he was not hurt too bad!  Saige got her kettle corn and settled in. She asked if she could use my phone to take fireworks pictures.  She did!  She took pictures of every single one!   One more time to be thankful for digital photography!  

I’m thankful for our freedom, for family, and for living in a great little town that does such a good show!  I hope next year we will be back to speed and happy traditions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment