Friday, July 9, 2021

Just for fun












Harper (above) and Saige (below) played their last league games this week.  They have had some success, learned a few things, and had fun with their friends.  I’m so happy they got to play again!  Tournaments are next week.  I’m not sure how it will go, but I’m not one who gets real worked up about it.  We are just playing for fun.  We discussed this at length last night with Saige, who felt like an error she made lost the game.  She did make an error, but she was not the only error of the night.  We talked about learning from it, and the importance of teamwork. It was a good life lesson I think. Anyway from a mom vantage point, I am personally ready to reclaim our evenings!  It’s been a long few weeks of running!  Always thankful- currently thankful that they had a season AND that it is ending.  ;)

Not ball related, but there is a new groomer in town.  We decided to have her shave Ollie.  You really aren’t supposed to shave border collies or Shepard type dogs, as taking off their under coat can make them get sunburn, and can make them too cold in the winter.  We have never shaved him before.  I was sort of worried, but then I remembered it is impossible to get a sunburn while laying in the house!  And his coat was destroyed.  He had stick tights and mats and who knows what else in there.  He smelled terrible!  He would not let us brush or cut on him.  So it seemed like a good option.   The lady did a good job, but the dog looks ridiculous!   The kids were howling with laughter.  Jim keeps asking him what happened!  It doesn’t even look like the same dog!   So funny!   I hope as his fur returns, maybe he will be better about letting us brush it, because I don’t want to do this to him again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment