Monday, July 5, 2021

Holiday?










No matter what happens in life, no matter how much we might not be feeling up to it, life just doesn’t stop.  I  am being careful not to over do things because, well I do not want to undo what was done.  Today was our holiday.  Jim and I both had the day off work.  We all took an opportunity to sleep in!  Jim, Preston and Quincy then took care of a lot of yard/outside work.  Saige, Harper and I took care of a few household things.  I can load the dishwasher and fold laundry even in my decrepit state!   The kids have been incredibly helpful.  We got a lot done.  Maybe not as much as we needed to, but what’s really gonna happen?   I appreciate Jim doing the shopping.   I appreciate the chauffeurs, and helpers, the little cooks, and the willingness to do whatever needs done.  I wish I could say I was back to normal, but it’s gonna be a few more days.  I do have to go back to work tomorrow, but since I sit at a desk, I’m pretty sure I’ll be ok.  
Harper took care of cleaning cages for the indoor pets today.  It’s been a while since I took any photos of Diablo.  We have had him for a while now, and I think it’s safe to say he loves being played with. He is much friendlier than when he came here!  He likes head scratches and strawberries!  If you are looking for a great pet, a bearded dragon is top of my list.  They are quiet, low maintenance, don’t really have any smell, they like being played with, but don’t complain if you miss a day.  As long as they have food, water and a heat light they are just pretty happy!   

Quincy’s CWF group had a walking taco booth at the Farmer’s market today.   They made quite a bit of money.  Although I went in, I couldn’t really help.   So while they were working, I helped a club member paint the club cookie jar.  This is a contest during the fair for decorating the jar, and then at the end of the fair, they auction the jar off as a fundraiser for the 4-H council.  It’s not a job that i enjoy, and I wasn’t very happy with Quincy for volunteering, but I do think it turned out cute.  Our theme is “4-Hers are one in a melon.”   I will do a tiny bit of touch up, and add a ribbon and cookies and it’s all ready for the first fair that starts later this week.   

When we got home, Quincy decided to take Saige and Harper fishing.  They didn’t catch any fish, but Saige was so excited that she found some Gar teeth, a bunch of shells and a couple fossils.  It’s hard to tell in this photo, but those gar teeth are sort of wicked.  
I had 5 days off.  I want a do-over!   Why does time off always fly by?  

No comments:

Post a Comment