Friday, July 30, 2021

Furniture amnesty day












 
Cameron has done an internship this summer at the city of Manhattan.  His big project for the summer was to help coordinate Furniture Amnesty Day.   He has worked really hard on this, and we told him we would come down for a while, see how the process worked and take him out for a celebratory dinner when it was over!   Here is what I learned.  You could make an appointment to have furniture picked up, you could make an appointment to drop your furniture off.  You like make an appointment to “shop” for free furniture.  At the end of the day, the city hauls off the leftovers at no cost.   There were a lot of people dropping and shopping!   I think it was a very successful event.  It was way too hot of a day for this sort of thing though.  Preston volunteered for a couple of hours.  I think he just wanted the shirt.  

 
While Cameron and Preston were amnestifing furniture, the girls and I went back to school shopping. I am happy to have that little task mostly done.   

Although I felt a little guilty, since the boys were out working in the heat, the girls and I spent some time at the Manhattan City park splash pad.  The girls had a lot of fun!  Luckily, between school shopping and some clothes Lauren gave them, we had dry stuff to put on to go to dinner!  

I was happy to get to have dinner with Cameron and Lauren.  It was nice to sit and visit with them for a while!   Lauren is in the process of moving, so I appreciate her stopping to visit with us!   


We also made a little stop off to get Preston and Quincy their second shots.   I am proud of them for making the decision to get vaccinated!  
It was a fun day in MHK!  

No comments:

Post a Comment