Sunday, October 30, 2022

29 years is not that long

















29 years ago, I married this extremely amazing man, who completely had my heart.  We had some goals that we set.  We wanted a big family.  We wanted to work towards a house in the country.  We wanted to ensure our kids were given the tools to be more successful than we are.  We wanted to be together, no matter what.  I feel like we have been incredibly successful in working together to accomplish these goals.  It makes me proud to look back on the things we have been able to accomplish.  Life isn’t always perfect, and we have had our share of bad days, but I can honesty said the good far outweighs the bad.  I’m glad I have my Kog to walk beside me.  
One thing I didn’t think about back in 1993,  was the date of our wedding.  I only wanted a fall wedding and I love Halloween so October 30 seemed like a perfect day!   It has occasionally been necessary to celebrate on a different day due to the kids having parties, needing costumes, making treats for school etc.  Jim never seems to mind my crazy ideas and lack of ability to have our anniversary be a special day.  
This year, there is no school on Halloween, so all the school stuff got done last week.  I, however wanted to have Sunday dinner with all these Pinterest ideas I had been holding into.  So Jim and I went out for dinner last night, had a nice meal in Ottawa and then he went fishing with Evie and Andrew.  KSU creamed OSU, and it was a nice day for us.  Evelyn out fished both her dad and her Poppy!  

Cameron had a hall party.  He could break out the David S. Pumpkin outfit again since he is in a new location.  I still think this is hilarious.  
Spencer’s birthday was Friday.  I hope she had a great day!  

This evening, I broke out all the Halloween excitement.  I made a feet loaf. 

Jalapeño popper Mummies. 

Spider pigs in a blanket, and cinnamon roll intestines.  

We carved the pumpkins, made some crafts, and decorated cookies.  

We may have run out of frosting before we were done, because Evelyn likes her frosting thick!  

The feet loaf was good, but definitely looked more foot like before I cooked it!  

I am amazed at how fast the last 29 years went by.  I am constantly sad about how fast the weekends fly by. We had a really fun weekend and I am glad we have another day where I don’t have to get up as early.  Im sure it will be a fun, crazy day though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment