Sunday, October 9, 2022

More fun for sure










I said that today would be more fun than yesterday, and then I made a point to insure that was true!  We picked up Evie after church and headed to the pumpkin patch.  We spent a long time picking out the perfect pumpkins, and deciding what type of apples we wanted for eating and pie making.  We also got fresh apple cider.   The girls also played on the playground. We had a lot of fun!  We then went out for lunch, and stopped off to get a few things for Sunday dinner at the dollar general.  I learned that taking Evelyn and Saige in to the dollar general at the same time is rather costly!   

Earlier this week, Evie wanted to know if for Sunday dinner, we could have pie night.  So we came home, made chicken pot pies, and deep dish apple pie.  It was a good night!  We also had apple turnovers by Saige and spiced cider.  An amazing fall dinner!  

Mallory is working with Preston to get some senior photos done. I’m liking what they did here!  It isn’t the easiest thing to do, as Preston isn’t too thrilled about senior pics!  I appreciate Mallory’s help.   


As we close out this weekend, I can’t help but remember that Jim’s dad passed away 2 years ago today.  It seems like 2 years went by so fast, but not without us occasionally telling a grandpa Ken story, or having something random remind us of him.  I don’t know if we are successful on all fronts, but I think he would be proud of the way that the grandkids are growing up.  I didn’t always see eye to eye with him, but I will always be thankful for the thoughtfulness, manners, helpfulness, and politeness that he helped to instill in my husband.  

No comments:

Post a Comment