Sunday, October 2, 2022

Weekend of forced nothingness








Due to the potential risk of spreading Covid, we cancelled almost all of our activities for this weekend.  I was very sad about some of it.  My niece, Emma-Kate was a homecoming queen candidate.  I hated missing that.   We are very proud of her and from the photos I got, she looked beautiful!   
Madison played on the fire station team for the battle of the badges softball game.  She seemed to have had fun. Andrew is taking some classes, so she had to cover for him!  
This weekend was also the Kaw Valley farm tour.  One of our favorite things.  We had planned to meet auntie Grace and hit up all the cool farms.  I was sad about cancelling my date with Grace, but even sadder about having to tell Evie.   We planned a few things for next weekend instead. 
I will say that we made tremendous progress on getting some stuff done at home.  Quincy remains asymptomatic, none of the rest of us are sick, and any tests we have done are negative.   Time will tell, but I’m cautiously optimistic.  

On Friday, I had some issues with my bus.  I stopped off for them to assess the situation, and the assistant offered to wash my bus for me.  I would never, ever turn down someone else washing the bus for me!   I was remembering how my grandpa used to give us quarters and tell us to go wash our cars, because if you wash your car it would rain!   The dust throughout the countryside from lack of rain in the last month is crazy!  Washing the bus did not help!  The farmers who are busily harvesting corn may or may not want my help with the weather!  

Since we were laying low, we continued our watching of the Dahmer series.  It IS October now, and I can’t think of a scarier person!  It is a fairly interesting series if you’re into watching stuff about serial killers.  Carlos and Jewwy are enjoying the lap time! 

One thing that we didn’t skip out of was Preston marching in the parade at the 150th anniversary of Carbondale.  Madison and Andrew took pictures for me.  I appreciated it!  This is Preston’s 4th parade since August.  This is a parade happy community for sure!  
Last week, I said a weekend with nothing going on was a good thing.    I stand by that statement, BUT a weekend where you cancel everything doesn’t feel as happy to me.  We are trying to be responsible.  I will say that this is our 3rd time of having Covid in our house and I’m just plain, flat over it!   I do feel blessed that the shots have meant that we have never been extremely sick with it.  I know others have had it far worse.  
Here’s hoping a new week will be a little smoother!   

No comments:

Post a Comment