Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Ever had one of them days?




It wasn’t a bad day. Until it was.  We got started on a big project at work.  It was started a full month early.  It has been 3 years in the making and I am more than ready to be done with it.   I was happy. I got Evie picked up from preschool, I had the lessons done for my RE class.  I came home and managed to get lunch made and the pony caught before the farrier arrived.  Evie was helpful.  Things were feeling nice. 

I left on the bus.  Upon dropping off my last kid, I checked my phone to see that Quincy got sent home from work.  Because she hasn’t had her booster shot, she gets tested twice a week for Covid. She tested positive today.  Not what I wanted to hear for sure.   I drove the 20 minute drive home, and when I shut off the bus, I had missed calls from my engineer, and my contractor.  Apparently a landowner who was on board with our project is no longer on board. He stopped our contractor, threatened him, and proceeded to say if they kept working he would call the police.   I had to order them back to work, and get our attorney involved.  I then had to call in to let the RE director know we might be  carrying germs. Thankfully she said to stay home.   I then had to stop what I was doing to fax in documents and help the attorney so we could continue with our project because it is on a schedule and we cannot afford to burn nice days.  I then realized 2 hours had gone by and I had not even thought about dinner or figured out the school’s Covid policies for this year.   Luckily, 2 of my very best friends are the school nurses.  I put in an after hours call.  We got it figured out. The girls and Preston can attend school but either have to wear masks or be tested every other day.  Quincy has to stay home for 5 days. What a mess.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would still be dealing with Covid.   I honestly thought we would flatten the curve and it would be a done thing in a few weeks or months.  Naive I guess.  But here we are.  Quincy is asymptomatic and quarantined in her room.  Everyone else is negative.  Praying it stays that way!  Bed time and prayers for a better tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment