Thursday, September 1, 2022

New week new things







This week, Aunt Geraldine passed away.  Here is the thing about Aunt Geraldine, she either loved you or she didn't.  She was always very good to me, and to my family.  She was the queen of sending cards (we are a little worried about Hallmark's stock now).  She never forgot a birthday, an anniversary, a holiday and even some occasions we didn't know existed.  She was the most organized person around, keeping track of the history of a lot of stuff.  I know she loved my kids and was always quick with a bag of M&M's or a little candy of some sort.  My kids loved her too.  Anyone who knew her, also knew her opinion of things.  She wouldn't really ever say anything negative, but that puckered up look she got when she didn't agree with you was hard to mistake for happiness!  I remember that look when I told her I was pregnant (again) with Saige.  She gave me the pucker.  She might have even said "oh my..." I smiled because her opinion didn't change anything for me.  When Saige was born, she was one of the first people there with a gift, a hug and open heart to love my child.  I will miss telling her things to make her pucker.  For me, it was amusing.  I could never be truly mad at her.....I loved her.  

This week brought a 'last' for us with Saige joining 5th grade band.  She wanted to play clarinet.  So this is our last band meeting for purchasing an instrument....29 payments and I will be free forever from the instrument payment plans that we have been on for the last 15 or so years!  We have 2 payments left on Harper's flute.... somehow it corresponds perfectly with the first payment due date of the clarinet.  I would never complain about this though.  I am proud of Jim and I for giving each of our kids the gift of music.  They all know how to play something.  Do they all like it?  Absolutely not.  But they all know how.  A little side skill that might come in handy someday. :)  Not to mention, it is a great way to be involved in school, particularly if you aren't interested in sports.  I'll have to snag a picture soon....I failed there. 

I am thankful for feeling much better this week.  I think Jim is mostly better as well.  I am now on a countdown for the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment