Monday, September 5, 2022

Labor Day weekend











We had a good, long weekend.  Of course, it went by too fast.  Mallory told me that Olive deserves to have a blog post about her.  She is now on medications to help with her peeing issues.   It seems to be working.   She was here for Sunday dinner, and I think her energy level seems higher as well.  I hope it works out long term. She’s a pretty good girl.  We have been worried about her. 

We attended aunt Geraldine’s funeral.  It wasn’t  ideal, but it was good to see all my siblings and their families.   We were supposed to attend a retirement party as well, but we just never made it.   Sometimes everything and nothing get in the way of going places.   


Madison, Andrew and Evie got to attend the air show. When they came for Sunday dinner, Evie was very tired and didn’t have much to say about it.  She was here today for a little while while Jim and Andrew did some work at the city lake and she was full of stories about it.   I think she was having a delayed reaction.   I was kind of laughing, She showed up with a piece of pie, I made blueberry muffins, and she had one of them.  She had a granola bar, and a yogurt.  She had 2 popsicles, and left here with a meatball on a fork she was munching as they drove away.   She went home and told her mom she needed to go to McDonald’s because I didn’t feed her any lunch!   


Evie, Saige and Carlos spent the night with Mal. They had fun doing pedicures and watching movies.  

We have discovered that one of the rabbits I assumed was dead, is alive and well and living under the box car.   We spent a great deal of time chasing her around tonight. We failed to get her though.   She is fast!   We tried to breed the one we caught a couple weeks ago.  I think our buck might be a little confused.   We will have to try again tomorrow with the other buck.  I was going for early October babies.   We also may have to borrow a trap from the city to see if we can entice the loose girl.   I’m out of ideas on how to catch her.   I guess I’m glad she is fast, otherwise she would have been eaten by something already.   

We also babysat for the neighbor's dog this weekend.  It isn’t too difficult since she already believes she lives here.  
And now, we turn in so we can start the week off, while wishing  we had one more day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment