Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Last day








We have been swimming this whole month.  Today was a literal record setting hot day.   Tomorrow there is supposed to be a cold front which will drop the temperatures to more normal fall type levels.  I told Evelyn we could swim after lunch, and that this would probably be the last day for swimming until next year.  The girl loves swimming. She and I were both sad about it.  Is a pool necessary?  No. It absolutely isn’t. Is it a ton of work?  Yes!   But I absolutely love ours.  

As we were swimming, Evie was acting sort of sad about closing the pool.  I told her it’s ok, we have to move on and do fun fall stuff now.  I gave examples of pumpkin patches, apple picking, and Halloween crafts.   We swam for a bit longer, and then got out so I could get ready to drive the afternoon bus route.  We got dressed and she was eating her snack and she jumps up and informs me “I’m ready to go grammy!”   Where are we going?    To the pumpkin patch!   I raised 8 children. You would think I would know better than this!  

It was a fun summer.  I’m sad it’s over.  I do love some fall fun though!  And I will admit that I am tired of sweating my buns off while driving the bus.  Bring on fall!  

Instead of the pumpkin patch, Evie and Madison took some treats to Coco.  Tractor supply had a sale on some weird horse treats.   Coco liked them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment