Sunday, September 18, 2022

Not this again






My weekend… Gone.  Again.  Whyyy?   Why doesn’t the weekend ever last?   I’m so not ready to go back to work.  But…adulthood is calling I guess.  
As weekends go, this was a good one.  Colin and Spencer were up for a wedding, so we got to see them (and Cash and Volt) for a while.  It had been a few weeks.  I loved getting to see them.  
We had Sunday lunch rather than dinner so that we could eat with Colin and Spencer.  We burned the grill food, had some weird side dishes, and had to eat up some of the salsa that I made yesterday that didn’t seal, but the main thing is we were together right?  Andrew brought us some ice cream from his side job (as an ice cream maker) and it was awesome!   The redeeming part of the semi-failed lunch!  

I also heard from Cameron and Lauren and texted with them a little bit.  Lauren sent this picture and I cracked up at seeing Bella helping Cameron with his video game!  It sounds like their classes and jobs are going well so far!  

I stole this little gem off of Facebook.  I love this one!  (Thanks Spencer!).  

This weekend we did accomplish a lot.  My friend Grace has convinced me that there will be tomato shortages this winter.  She is a reliable source of information, since her job requires her to order food and plan meals for a large school district.  I figure listening to her won’t hurt, so I bought a couple flats from a lady in town.  I canned some salsa, and I put a few quarts of crushed tomatoes in the freezer.  I have been buying an extra jar of spaghetti sauce every time I go grocery shopping, as well as a couple extra cans of tomatoes.  I figure it won’t go bad, and we will use it eventually.  Winter foods, chili’s and soups  taste better with tomatoes. I hope she is wrong, but it’s better to be prepared!  
Now if I could just get my mind wrapped around being prepared for another week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment