Sunday, September 25, 2022

Good weekend












Any weekend where we have no place to be, no expectations, no obligations and nothing planned is a good weekend in my book.  I thought I could get the house cleaned up, and the laundry caught up, plus watch the new Dahmer show on Netflix, maybe catch a movie and catch a couple of extra hours of sleep.  Most of that came to fruition.  Mayyyybeeee the housework is going to need a couple more tweaks, maybe there is a little bit more laundry, and maybe I spent a bit too much time watching college football, but man this was a weekend I needed!  Jim and Andrew went fishing yesterday.  If Jim wasn’t responding to my texts about the KSU game, I would have worried that they fell in!  They were gone a long time!   They had a good time, but didn’t have good luck!   Either way, I’m always happy when they get a chance to do something that they love.  

Preston was accepted to KSU a couple weeks ago.  He had also applied to their school of engineering, but was told that although he was accepted into KSU, there was a separate acceptance into the engineering college.  This weekend, he was notified that he got accepted.  I’m not 100% sure that he will end up becoming an engineer, he is still tossing around a few options, but I am so proud of this kid.  He is one smart boy!  

Who doesn’t sword fight in the kitchen?  

We had Sunday dinner.  Mallory showed up with all the makings for Coco to become a unicorn.  These pictures both make me happy, and crack me up.  This pony is a sweet, sweet boy.  He will literally do anything if you have a few horse treats in your pocket.  Evelyn loves him.  I think it’s safe to say we all do!  
And another weekend blew by.  I was truly blessed by the downtime and family time  contained in this one.   I miss my big boys (and their girls).  
Off to a new week.  New adventures.  I hope it’s a gentle one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment