Monday, September 12, 2022

Two in a row









It was a good weekend, and for the second week in a row, the kids don't have school on Monday.  Last week was a holiday, this week....well I am not really sure.  I think the teachers have some sort of development time - sorry Mallory!  It was nice to not have to be up to drive the bus!  :)  
We did a lot of work around the house, and enjoyed the 70 degree, rainy weather!  I managed to see or hear from all of our kids!  Lauren sent me these cute photos of her and Cameron attending their first LSU game as students!  I gotta say, the pre-game fireworks and show that I got a video of were pretty impressive.  Jim and Preston were both like "well yea, it is the south - they are pretty serious about football in the south!"  Anyway, it looked like they had a good time at the game, and LSU won!   I never really worry about Cameron and Lauren - they make friends easily and tend to have fun no matter where they go!  
Colin sent me a picture of the rest of the brick he has been laying around their house.  I love how it turned out, although upon receipt of the photo, it was sideways and I wasn't sure what I was looking at!  Moment of ridiculousness.  He and Spencer are making their house into a lovely home and I am very happy for them!  

Here at our house, I talked Jim and Preston into installing my new dishwasher, rather than waiting for the repairman who can't get here for a while yet.  They were able to get the electrical and plumbing all hooked up no problem.  I was so excited.  And then they went to slide it in.  The dishwasher is a lot taller than the available hole, thanks to the previous owners building the hardwood floor in front of the dishwasher hole.  They tried so hard.  I was able to use it, but it is definitely not in the hole correctly.  A whole lot of work for a disappointing result.  They did get the new microwave installed a few days back, and it works!  I do not think Jim will be leaving his job for one as an appliance installer anytime ever.  He definitely wasn't enjoying himself.  I am going to brag on Preston though, the boy has picked up some amazing skills, which we attribute to working for the Clawson's.  He knows all about electrical stuff, plumbing stuff, and tends to just know how things work.  I am definitely impressed.  He was also accepted into KSU this week and is working on getting into the college of engineering.  He will be close to having his freshman and sophomore years knocked off when he graduates this May.  My little "let's have one more kid - a tag along baby!" is sure growing up fast! 
I didn't take many photos this weekend, we didn't really do much that was photo worthy, but it was nice to be home getting stuff done.  It was much needed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment