Friday, September 9, 2022

What the….wait - what?
















This has been one strange week.  At every turn, some weird thing happened.  Luckily, nothing bad, just odd.  The kids have been busy, Jim and I had meetings and projects.  The week flew by and I feel like I got drug a mile by my feet.  
Happily, the weekend is here!
Saige stayed home from school today.  She had a terrible headache, and a cold.   She is better this   evening, but we are told there is a ton of sickness already going around the school.   Gotta love kids sharing germs.  Saige has been working hard on her clarinet skills.  She has been showing me new notes she learned almost daily.  I’m glad she is working hard!  

Mallory’s been wanting to take Evelyn to the sunflower patch to do fall photos.  They bought her an outfit.  They planned.  They waited patiently for the sunflower field to be open for the season.  Last night, was finally the night.   Evie is beautiful and makes an amazing photography subject. But yesterday was a school day.  On school days, Evie is at my house at 5:40 in the morning.  Evie has long days, and by evening she is tired and ready for bed.  I don’t think she was super excited about going for a photo shoot.  At one point, they had to face time grammy for a pep talk.  I wasn’t able to get her talked into cooperating.  Some of the photos are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.  Mallory did a great job of taking amazing pictures.  There are a few that I love more than the beautifully posed ones though.  Ones that show off the sass.  Ones that capture my little baby monkey as she is.  These are my favorites.   I love this little girl, and the role she has put us in as grammy and poppy.  All of the fun, only part of the responsibility.   

Today in our district there was a bus wreck.  It was not me.  It was minor, and nobody was hurt.  I felt bad for the new bus boss, as this was his first official day on the job.  It was a reminder to me of the tremendous amount of responsibility we have as drivers.  I really like my job.  I enjoy the kids.  The hours match up pretty well with our lives and what we have going on.  But the burden of keeping kids safe, of never knowing what other drivers will do, the weather, watching to make sure kids are clear, plus just having control over a large vehicle is a lot.  I am thankful that this time was minor.  I pray there is never a next time.  

Tonight was the first home football game.  Preston’s band was putting on a halftime show.  I wanted to go watch him.  Somehow, the band boosters tuba toss booth needed some help as well. (Tuba toss- you pay $1 to try to toss a football into a tuba.  If you succeed you get a 2 liter of soda that is donated by the band kids).  Luckily, we sold out of 2 liters before halftime, so I was able to catch Preston’s whole show and the band made quite a bit of money as well.  I don’t really love  football, particularly if my own kids aren’t playing, but I did have a great time visiting with my friend Dusty, who I haven’t seen in a while, and with my nephew and his wife.  I enjoyed seeing Josh and Carissa, it was nice to catch up for a while.  I did feel bad when I got home and Jim asked me what the score was, and how the game went and I had absolutely no idea.  I know he was probably disappointed, but after all these years he was definitely not surprised.  


I was sad I that I was busy with tuba tossing and football halftime shows tonight and didn’t get to go to the Huff-n-puff balloon rally with Evie and Madison.  I am hoping to take the girls up tomorrow, but it will depend on the weather.  I am hoping for some rain, but I also hope that Jim and his crew get the fishing derby done first!   Also keeping my fingers crossed that between all the running around we can find some time to accomplish my list, and maybe sit down and relax a little bit!   Gotta love a good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment