Friday, September 16, 2022

HOCO 2022













It was homecoming week on the Trail. The kids had all sorts of craziness going on.  The kids on my bus have been absolutely bonkers.   I can’t say that I’m sad it’s over!   Today was the grand finale of all the activities.  The high school kids broke into different groups.  Some went into the downtowns and painted windows/decorated the town. Some went into the grade schools and helped the younger kids make noise makers, flags and had pep rallies with them.  
Quincy was on window decorating.  She and her friend painted up my office real nice.   
Preston was on going into the grade school where he helped stir up Mallory’s class and then left.  Or that was Mallory’s story.  
She sent me a photo, but because it shows her class’s kids faces I’m not sure if I am allowed to post it.  Preston told me he didn’t like the kids all touching him and trying to hug him.  I guess he forgot what first grade is like.  

After all the decorating and wiring up the younger kids, they had a homecoming parade.  It was at Scranton this year.  I had to drive the bus over.  I was able to catch Preston playing in the band.  I felt bad because I had told Evelyn we would go to the parade when she got off the bus.  That didn’t happen, as her dad got off work early today!   
The kids did a nice job putting on the parade and community pep rally.  I saw Preston playing in the band.  I saw Quincy walk by where the buses were parked.  I never saw Harper or Saige!  

This evening, we attended the game.  Andrew was on duty.   I had to stop and take his picture. Luckily nobody was hurt so all he had to do was sit in the fire truck.   

We enjoyed watching Preston in the marching band.  The football team didn’t win, but they played really hard.  Jim went along this time so he could get his own scoop on the way things went, since I am a bad source of information on the game itself.  It was a nice night.  

This week was a 4 day week that felt like a 230 day week.  I am glad we are having a weekend now.  It is much needed and long overdue!  

No comments:

Post a Comment