Saturday, October 22, 2022

Last marching band performance.

















Last night was the final home football game for this year, and as such, Preston’s last marching band performance “of his life!”   Preston hates marching band.  He says they practice at 8:00 am and it’s always wet and cold.  He says that it is a giant pain and he is happy to done with it.   I have heard similar stories from some of our older kids.  Preston said his band teacher offered to help him get a band scholarship at KSU for next year.   Preston told Mr. Q absolutely not.  
I think Preston should be thankful they March  in sweat pants and not the capes and giant goofy looking hats of the past. 
They did honor the senior band members, and it was nice to see how many seniors have stuck with band all these years!  

I had a good laugh. Cameron and Lauren sent me some pictures from Lauren’s hall carnival.  Cameron was telling me the petting zoo was too expensive.  She sent this picture of a little cute piggy and said it was an awesome petting zoo.  Then about 2 minutes later a picture where the piggy had pooped on her.   I’m guessing when Cameron’s  hall does their carnival, they won’t have a petting zoo!  

I think that Bella thinks Cameron is her boyfriend.   She seems to love him.  

Quincy is in the yearbook class.  She had to attend 7 events to photograph.  So far, this has not gone well - she went to a volleyball game. She was home about half an hour after it started.  I asked her what happened.  She said “I took 133 photos in the first few minutes and then I left!”   Uhhhhh
Then she went to a cross country meet.  She texted to say she was dying of boredom and to please fake a heart attack so she could leave.  She has done 2 football games.  The first time she came home frozen and proclaimed that she is just going to flunk yearbook class because she never wanted to go to another game when it was cold.  Last night, she attended the game as a photographer again.  She sat in front of me and took pictures.  I told her she had to go down on the field in order to take quality pictures.  She eventually did go down, and she took marching band photos as well, but she left the game right after halftime saying she had enough pictures.   I foresee her future will not be as a professional photographer.  

Something random but cool. - Harper had an orthodontist appointment near my job site. So we left a little early to go look at the progress.   Half this site is on a hunting preserve.  As we were leaving, we saw a ring neck pheasant.  I know it was planted there for people to hunt, but  it was so beautiful.  We took a picture through the window because I was afraid rolling the windows down would scare him.  I remember as a kid seeing pheasant around - but I never see them anymore. I know this one technically wasn’t “wild” but it was pretty neat anyway.  
This week was packed full of oddities.  I am happy to have reached the weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment