Saturday, October 8, 2022

Saturday work and week recap








It has been a week that I’d sort of just like to forget.  One kid got in some trouble.  One kid is having girl drama issues at school.  One kid is having a difficult time in math.  One kid finished Covid quarantine and returned to school.  Both parents have large work projects that are consuming brain power.  When everything feels like it’s hitting the fan, I like to spend some time finding an equal amount of things to be thankful for.  This week, that has been sort of difficult.   But, I am thankful that we have this little girl, who dropped into our lives out of nowhere and has given us great joy!  I am thankful that Colin passed the exam to become a journeyman!   I am thankful that although we had Covid in our household again, nobody got really sick from it (Knock on wood as we are a few days from finishing our masking and  watching period). I am thankful that I married a good man who is willing to do the awful chore of going to Sam’s on Saturday.  And I am thankful that I came home to the errands being done, and the house having groceries again. (Thank you Jim, Harper and Saige!) It was getting rather ugly in that department around here last week!  

Evie stole my phone and took this lovely photo.  I am saving it here because it made her laugh like a hyena.   She is so ornery.  And smart.  

I agreed to working today.  I drove volleyball to Council Grove.   I was told that I would be just driving them down, dropping them off and coming back home.  I thought I would be gone a couple of hours.  I was told that I would get paid for 5 hours regardless of how long I was gone.  It sounded like a good gig.   That isn’t exactly what happened though.  The coach didn’t know if they had rides for everyone today, so she wanted me to stay.  So I texted Jim and he handled everything at home, and I watched volleyball all day.  Literally all day.   I actually really enjoy watching volleyball, and I know almost all of the kids on the team.  It was not the worst thing I have ever had to do.  One small problem was that since I didn’t know I was staying all day, I had no cash.  Luckily, there was a hospitality room!  The weirdest part was that on the ride home I had 2 coaches.  Zero children.  It was the quietest ride home ever!   I feel like they could have sent me home early!   Oh well, easy money!  

While I was watching volleyball, Cameron and Lauren attended the LSU game.  Cameron texted me to see if I thought his hair was cool.  I refused to answer until he told me if it was permanent or not!   Love you Cameron, but that isn’t the prettiest shade of purple I’ve ever seen!  
I got home in time to watch the KSU game with Jim and hang with the kids.  I think tomorrow will be much more fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment