Monday, June 26, 2023

New week. Need new energy source



Mallory is at a teacher's conference in Dallas this week.  That means 2 things.  First, we have inherited 2 dogs.  Two very needy dogs, who think they are babies, who think you have to play fetch with them constantly, who think they should run out the front door and immediately want back in through the back door, who think they should sleep in your bed with you.  They are at the school of grammy - none of those things are happening for them.  I lock them outside for long periods of time trying to make them tired, have a 30 minute maximum fetch attention span, occasionally forget Olive's medications, and already have to share my bed with a hairy creature, no room for them.  And 2 - it means that several times a day, I am asked to send pictures of said dogs so that she knows they are still ok.  They are alive, but if they could talk, I guarantee they would tell you they are not ok!  (spoiled messes).  I did give them treats - that is as good as it gets!  


This weekend we had a few ball games to attend.  Saige had 2, Evie had 1.  Saige's team impresses me.  Not because they win every game, they definitely don't.  I am impressed with how they have improved, how the coach seems to be letting them try stuff, and how they seem to be getting along, and seem to be having fun, which is the main reason to play in my opinion.  Saige has done a good job of pitching, although I do think she let the chanting get in her head Saturday.  I know it isn't easy to stand out there doing your thing and every single thing that happens people are saying stuff to her.  I am proud of her 











for working so hard out there.  

Evie is always happy to see us, which makes my days worth it all.  I love watching her learn!  


We had dinner at Madison and Andrew's house.  I think the original plan was to help them finish some yard work, but we failed, and ended up just visiting and taking the evening easy!  I am happy to send Preston over today to finish what we failed to do!  Luckily for me, he doesn't mind one bit!  :)  We are getting so close to having a new little one to entertain.  Or to keep us entertained. 

This week is the last week of regular season ball.  I enjoy ball season, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't ready for my evenings back!  Of course, we will fill them with something else, but still.  This week looks to be more insane than the others combined, I am not even looking at the calendar more than one day at a time, because I will get overstimulated.  I need to make a note - when making the kids appointments so that they don't have to miss school for an eye exam, make the dang appointments in July!  What was I thinking?  No complaints, I just need to rethink my secretarial skills!  

No comments:

Post a Comment