Friday, June 9, 2023

A wild couple days



















Cameron and Lauren are here for the weekend.  I think they technically came for a wedding, however I don’t care what the reason is, I am happy to have a chance to see them!   


Madison cleaned out her closet and asked the girls if they wanted some stuff she intended to get rid of.   They were giving her a fit over giving away this shirt.  They though she should wear it when the baby is born!  I don’t know that she was amused with them.  

I was sitting at a ball game when I got this picture from Quincy.   She was asking if she should run over it.  Unfortunately, her texting took long enough that the big boy slithered off.  Now, I am not my mother’s child.  My mother will literally tell anyone that the only good snake is a dead snake.  I try to have a nicer attitude.  They literally eat all the things I hate.  Bug and mice patrol.   I refuse to kill a black snake, or a garter snake and I absolutely love the tiny baby ring necks that live around our house.  The venomous ones, well I sort of have a different attitude towards those.  I am sorry, but given the opportunity, yea I would have killed it.  I wasn’t entirely sure what type this was.  I put the picture on the herpetology Facebook page and asked.  I was met with several people telling me it was a timber rattler, that they are being traced and to please document it so they could count it in their surveys.   There were also many comments commending us on the “great find” as if we went looking for him?    I didn’t have the heart to say if things had been different there wouldn’t be a reason to catalog him.  He lives another day and has been counted as a sighting for our county at this point.  He better stay off the driveway from now on.  The good news is that there is also a speckled king snake that we see almost weekly.   Their favorite food is rattle snake.  (Go spotty Jo!).  

This week, there has been a giant invasion (or perhaps hatching) of these moths.  I was told they are Hackberry moths, although I did zero research so this may not be accurate.  All I know is that there are a lot of them.   A whole lot.  It was kind of cool for about 2 minutes.  These things are literally everywhere.  Inside my car, in the pool skimmer, in my laundry.  All over my humming bird feeder.  It is sort of annoying at this point!   

At work, we did some spraying utilizing drone technology.  This thing was incredible.  We sprayed Utilizing drone technology this week for the first time.  I did not know how it would work, so Evie and I ran up to watch.  I was very impressed.  They sprayed a very large dam using 1/3 of the normal amount of spray, and it literally took 8.37 minutes.  We may do this again, but we are waiting to see what kind of kill and what kind of bill we get from this time!  

Harper had a double header tonight against Auburn.  They lost both games but they played so much better!   I was very proud.  Harper had a really awesome hit down the 3rd base line.  She lacks confidence, but she is a good player.  I love watching her work so hard.  

Also today, we took Preston to enroll in classes at KSU.  We met his academic advisor.  We turned in paperwork with the admissions office and took care of a few other things.  I am so thankful that Cameron was home and willing to help.  It was a ton of information that he had and passed along.  It was a great day!   


No comments:

Post a Comment