Friday, June 23, 2023

Where are you?

This week, I was amused when I got a text from Lauren.  She said she hadn't seen any updates on this blog, and wondered if I was ok.  I am ok, but we have definitely not been home lately!  We have been balling.  Lauren, I need you guys to move home so I can have more available people to help drive to ball games.  :) 
This week, the girls wrote their official letters to the Archbishop asking for Confirmation.  This was quite a project, and I had been procrastinating.  When it finally dawned on me that Father Jo wanted the letters tomorrow, it was 10 pm.  One of the parts of the letter has to include who you are having as your confirmation sponsor.  How do you choose after 10 pm?  Well, you choose whoever is awake still!  Thank you Mallory and Quincy for agreeing to take this on!


On Father's day, Jim and Andrew went fishing.  Someone wanted to tag along.  This is the only fish she caught.  If you know Andrew and Jim, you know she was out there for a very long time (like 7 hours).  She was a little sunburned, and a little bug eaten, but they had been to the marina, and she got snacks, so she was just fine!  I am always amazed at how long they can stay out there, and I am equally amazed that she was able to hang with them that long.  She came back to have Father's day dinner with us, and wanted to swim.  She was exhausted, and didn't swim for long before she was taken home to go to bed!  




The main reason I haven't been online much - every evening we have been to the ballpark.  Every single evening.  I had my official first day alone at the liquor store on Wednesday, and thought it was a good day to start because there were no games, but then found out that Saige had practice.  Because who wants a night off?   














Evelyn, Saige and Harper all playing means we are very blessed in not lacking for games to watch.  I always feel like ball season is just insane.  This one has been no different.  The only part I dislike is trying to figure out how to get everyone fed.  Last night, for example, we had to be in Pomona at 5:30 with snacks.  We had to leave our house at 4:30.  Who wants to eat then?  I love summer, but I am starting to grow really tired of lunch meat, sandwiches, wraps and whatever else I can think to eat in the car on the way!  

Also this week, I had my first official (no more training wheels) shift at the liquor store.  It went well.  I was amused as the boy's old football coach came in.  He told me he was getting ready to go have dinner with my bosses.  He told me he was going to tell them I was down there, crying, with people yelling and a giant line out the door.  I told him to do that.  When they came up to help me close, they were laughing.  I was told that they knew he was lying....she said you may have had a line, you might have been yelled at, but we don't think there is a person in town who could make you cry.  I told her not to say that out loud, the locals might take it as a challenge.  
We also took old buses to Bonner Springs and brought back the new busses we are leasing for next school year.  I am thankful that we went early, because the new busses don't have air conditioning like they told us they would.  Now, I am not one who really gets upset over the heat, but I heard a copule of the other drivers fussing about it.  I know how to be hot, and it doesn't bother me that much, but I do feel for these kids.  Some of them just don't spend much time outside or out of the a/c.  I was ecstatic that the new busses have mirror adjustment from your seat.  I hate that I can't reach the mirrors and in the past, I either had to climb something or get someone to help me adjust them!  Who needs a/c if you have mirror adjustors?

It isn't that exciting, but Lauren, now you know where I have been!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment