Friday, June 30, 2023

Lookin forward to the weekend.









Saige had a game at Osage this week, she came out like this.  I was like what the heck are you doing?  She said she didn't' really like the face mask I bought her, and thought his might work instead.  That idea was quickly abandoned when I punched her in the goggles.   Kidding.  Only kidding.  She did wear the mask though.  

Osage has a girl who is an amazing pitcher.  As a matter of fact, probably the best pitcher I have ever seen in little kid ball.  Mom brag moment - Saige was the only girl on her team who hit off of her.  I am pretty sure she never threw a ball.  Saige did not get a big hit, but any hit off of this girl was an accomplishment.  She throws hard, and accurately.   Saige hit the ball back to her, and was thrown out at first.  They were run ruled.  While it might be easy to say that was a terrible game, I say it wasn't.  Saige saw what practice and more practice can get a pitcher.  She was inspired to learn to throw harder, and to practice more.  They did not pitch the girl the whole game, but Saige got a good view of what amazing fielding looks like.  I think it was eye opening for her, and that is good.  Jim is the one who always tells the kids you can learn a lot by watching someone do something they are good at.  I think in this case, he is absolutely correct.  

Harper's team played a double header against Burlingame.  They won the first game, which was their first win for the season.  This team frustrates me.  When you watch them warm up, or practice they look absolutely amazing.  They play well together, they seem like they are having fun and know what they are doing.  They seem to play well for 1 or maybe 2 innings, and then things go down the toilet.  It frustrates me because I have seen what they can do, but they just don't always do it.  Second mom brag moment, Harper slammed a ball to deep right, knocking in 3 runs.  It was an amazing hit, and I am so proud of how hard she is working!

Saige made herself a pitching practice target.  She has been practicing a lot!  I am proud of her efforts.  Not really happy that she chose to use my expensive painter's tape rather than some cheap stuff, but proud nonetheless.  



Mallory and I took another painting party class.  I love this one!  We had a lot of fun.  I love how we are all given the same exact directions, and yet, every painting is different.  I know that I am not the world's greatest artist, but it is a relaxing thing, and the classes are fun.  As an added bonus, we got to hang out with our old neighbor, Bev.  We love her!  

Obviously, Mallory made it home from Dallas.  Her dogs were so relieved.  They were severely malnourished (according to Daisy Paige), had not had enough time playing (according to Olive), and definitely tired from not being allowed to sleep on the beds.  I think they were all happy to see each other!  I am just glad they survived "roughing it" at our house!  

Every day, I clean our pool filter by back flushing it.  The water that comes out seemed to be making the grass grow, which seemed like a waste to me, so I decided to try an experiment.  I planted some pumpkin and watermelon seeds in the drainage area.  I see zero watermelons, but there are a ton of little pumpkin plants peeking through!  I wasn't sure if they would be ok considering the chlorine, but they are growing nicely and seem to be normal looking!  I may try a different package of watermelon seeds, as I got the ones I had off of a clearance table for 10 cents last year, it may just be bad seed.  It makes me happy to be growing something in the waste area!  I might have to rethink where I have my garden!  


Last night, I asked Saige to unplug the pool for the night.  She did it, but grabbed my phone to use the flashlight.  I got up this morning to a whole new set of amazing photos.  Darn kids!  haha!  

This weekend, we are insanely busy, but it will all be fun stuff that we are looking forward to.  The girls have their final regular season softball games this evening, and then we get a break before tournaments.  I can't believe how fast June has flown by.  Summer never lasts long enough!  

No comments:

Post a Comment