Sunday, July 2, 2023

Langfest 2023












I didn’t take as many photos as I should have, I didn’t sit my kids down while they were all in the same place (except for Lauren who was with her family) and take a group photo.  But I did have a good day at Langfest.   I do appreciate my brother for keeping traditions alive!   And I’m glad the baby decided to stay put so that Madison and her family could attend!   (Although we are more than excited to welcome that baby any day!). 

The boys played football and it was rough.  Just like old times!  

The annual storm blew through!   It seems like it happens every year.   The year Jim and I were dating, the storm brought in at least baseball size hail.  We were reminiscing as this storm with wicked looking clouds came by.   Luckily, we are hearty stock.  A little rain doesn’t ruin playing with fire!  

I am so fortunate that I have so many cousins to grow up, and grow old with.  I feel extremely blessed that my kids, and now my grandkids are growing up with their cousins as well.   Best friends in the world are cousin friends.  

We know Blitz is scared of both fireworks and storms.   Jim and I made the decision to leave the dogs inside while we were gone.  In the past, she has been ok with just laying behind the couch in her safe space.  This year, apparently she wanted to have her safe space be in the basement.  We came home to find she had chewed through the spindles to get into the basement!   Poor dog.  We do feel bad that she was this scared.  Guess I have a new project for July!   One was broken, several have large tooth chew holes.   Luckily this is a project that won’t be too hard!   Next time I guess we will leave the baby gate open!  

No comments:

Post a Comment