Thursday, July 20, 2023

Apple day









Evie spent the night with her grandma Rachel.  She also spent the day there today.   That meant Madison was home with just the baby and was bored, so they came over to help me with the rest of the 2 bushels of apples I got from a friend at church.  Aunt Mal came out too, because she is a baby hog!  
We got quite a lot done, and I finished them after dinner.  I managed to get 5 quarts of apple butter for my freezer, and some for Madison  and  Andrew, 5 quarts of applesauce, and 15 quarts of sliced apples for pies and baking this winter.   Madison got 4 quarts for her freezer, but Mallory said she didn’t want any (I’m sure if she changes her mind she will just rob my freezer!). I also made 3 apple brown betty’s and sent home some with Mallory and Madison!   Sooo many apples!  I am excited about having them in the freezer, but even more excited  that this project is done.  
Also thanks to Madison, Mallory and Wrenley for all their help!  Baby help is the best.  I could never feel guilty about taking a break if I am holding a baby right?  

Several months ago, Quincy came home from shopping with friends and asked me to teach her to crochet.  My crocheting skills are pretty basic, but I showed her a thing or 2.  She then sort of put it down, and I hadn’t heard much about her crocheting career in a long time.  Today, I came home from work and she was watching a YouTube video and learning to crochet a hat.  You really can learn anything on YouTube!  I have to say I am impressed.  

As an added bonus, a woman gave the 4-H several skeins of yarn for anyone who wanted to learn to crochet (or knit).  The only one interested was Quincy, so this hat cost zero dollars!   
Quincy also made a tough decision this week, as she changed her mind about attending vo- tech this fall. She has some new ideas that she’s wanting to steer towards, with bigger career aspirations.  It was a hard decision, she took it seriously, and we are proud of her.  Watching these kids grow up is both difficult and amazing.  

I heard from Colin this week, he was excitedly driving  to KC on storm call.  The storms last Friday left everything In a pretty big mess!   I appreciate his willingness to travel and help!  Have I mentioned that I 100% love the grid?  I enjoyed visiting with Cameron and Lauren this evening.  They always have some entertaining stories to tell me and make me laugh.  I’m so proud of all of these kids.  I am truly blessed with all the good ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment