Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Ovaaaaa
















Harper’s team finished their season tonight in 4th place.  They did not have one of their better games, but it was so hot tonight I think they were all just hot and tired.  Or maybe I’m just speaking about myself.   
Harper played well, scoring a couple of runs. The bottom line is that they just didn’t execute well.  It’s hard to win a game when the other team gets a home run off of overthrows.  I do think that Harper had fun this summer and I’m glad she had the opportunity to play, I am super proud of her for being patient, working hard, and keeping a good attitude all summer.   I appreciate her coaches, who have dedicated a lot of time to these kids.  

Evelyn asked if she could come over to swim this afternoon.  We spent some time in the pool, but I told her I had to get out so I could go to the ballpark.  She was all about it, asking if she could please go with me.  Since the game was in Carbondale, I told her I would pick her up on my way!   She was really good, staying right with me the whole evening. It did cost me about  $75 in concessions, but it was totally worth it to have someone to keep me company during the game!  



We were happy to get in some baby snuggles today.  This little one is already filing out and growing right before our eyes!   She’s so sweet!  

I did laugh at the girls asking Evie is she is a baby - she instantly went into infant mode.  She’s such a smart kid - and funny.  
With ball season officially over now, I am excited to move into evenings at home, working on some projects that have piled up, eating dinner at a normal hour, maybe eating “real” food rather than sandwiches, hotdogs and wraps, getting in the pool if I’m hot, and maybe- just maybe going to bed at a decent hour!   I love ball season, but it is exhausting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment