Sunday, July 16, 2023

Whooder whaty what












We are from Kansas, so undoubtedly we all watched the Wizard of Oz movie during our childhoods right?   Remember when Dorothy threw the bucket of water on the wicked witch and she screamed out “I’m mellting…..mellltinggg!  Ohhhh my beautiful wickedness!”   Maybe that’s not an exact quote- but that’s how I feel about the weekend.  It all just melted into a puddle on the floor and I couldn’t stop it, could not eek anything else out if it, was not ready for it, and certainly needed more time to be wicked.   Or something.  
Not that it was a wicked weekend.  Or anything bad happened, or that we had anything really exciting to do.  Just felt like a bucket of water got thrown and…. poof it was gone!  


But Hope….ball season is over so you’ve reclaimed your weekends and evenings - much more time for productivity right?   Please see above.   
We did get a few things accomplished.  

For one thing, we hadn’t been grocery shopping in a very long time.  Jim and I managed to run our errands, get groceries, have a little lunch, make it home and unload before I had to work a shift in liquor world.  As we were pulling in the driveway, my phone said i had missed a call from Andrew.  We called him and Evie answered.   “Hi grammy!  Do you want me?”   Ummmm I always want you dear child, but I have to work tonight!   Poppy took over the conversation at that point.  He and the girls would just have a fun evening with Evie, and to bring her right over.   When I got home, the child was exhausted, poppy was in bed, Quincy was giving her a bath, it was 10:30 and when she saw me she burst into tears.  She wanted daddy!   I told her - Well, I don’t want to drive to Carbondale, so let’s watch some tv together and  we will see daddy tomorrow!   She said ok!   She was out in no time.  I guess they swam for about 2 hours and then played in the yard chasing kittens and jumping on the trampoline.   She was just done.  She reminds me a lot if Quincy at that age….. 2 speeds - high and off!   

We took Evelyn to church.  Poppy and Andrew went fishing. Jim and Preston helped Mallory get a new washer and dryer.  A friend gave me 2 bushels of apples.  Madison came over to help me put them up.  We didn’t even come close to getting done, but we did make apple butter for both houses!   We got sidetracked when Garrett and Bailey stopped by with Lawson.  It was nice visiting with them.  We had Sunday dinner and then swam with Evie.  

Evie had a lot of questions today.  A whole lot.   Some were about why Jesus and his parents wore dresses.  I explained that was just how people dressed way back then.   And I told her I thought they were robes or tunics  not dresses.  She informed me she has a unicorn robe!   When she got out of the pool, she wanted her towel to hook around her neck so she could wear a robe like Jesus!  Then she asked me about 299 more questions about everything under the sun.  She is seriously so smart, and absorbs all the things we tell her like a sponge!  
We got dressed and got a snack.  I pried the baby away from aunt Mal (the baby hog) and I saw that Evie was passed out- mid cookie!   No tired like weekend at Grammy and Popoy tired!  
I did get to snuggle Wrenley.  She is so cute.  She had her eyes wide open and was giving all the looks today!!


Lauren sent me this adorable photo of Cameron taking her out to a nice dinner.  From the looks of it, Cameron is taking Colin up on his bet that he can’t go the rest of the time until he graduates without getting a hair cut!   Looking a bit like grizzly Adams there Cameron!   

Remember the cat that we found in Mallory’s window well a couple weeks back?   Well nobody claimed her.  She has settled in pretty nicely, and now, I see that she has even wormed her way into Jerry’s good graces.  They have been found napping together a few times now.  So cute.  She’s still very skittish,  however, I got a good laugh out of her and Jerry waiting outside the bedroom door while Jim was getting ready for work. She already knows when he comes out, he will cook his breakfast and share a sausage link or 2 with all of the critters.   He is reliable for a hot breakfast.   
Ok! that is enough twists and turns for one weekend update post.  The point was it is over, I am sad about it, and there’s not a thing that can be done!  New week, new weekend to look forward to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment