Wednesday, July 19, 2023

We did a thing….









A month or so ago, I went in search of some barn cats.   As you know, we ended up bringing home 3 little 8 week old kittens, as well as 2 calico cats that look almost identical.  Marge lives inside, the others were supposed to be barn cats.  We need these kitties to be wild, as that helps them stay alive outside.  Except one was not wild.  He was the cutest little kitty.  My girls were absolutely smitten.  They named this little orange thing Ponyo.  He follows me everywhere.  When we are in the pool, he’s on the deck.  When I take my morning walk, he’s on my heels, barbecuing some chicken, under my feet.   He also has no sense about the vehicles being dangerous. The other 2 run when you start a car.  Ponyo- nope. Just sits there like a common idiot.  As evidenced by his actions this morning.  I was at my office.  As I am sitting there, my door cracks open and a woman we know said ummm Hope?  This cat just dropped down from the engine of your car!   She hands me none other than Ponyo.  Seriously?  You idiot cat!   He was unharmed on this little adventure!   Preston and Quincy needed to come to town for something, so they took him from my office back home.  Quincy was begging me to “please just let him live inside?!? Since we recently adopted the window well cat, I had said no.  But then I picked  Jim up to go home for lunch, and on the way he said “it’s too late Hope - the girls are attached and if we leave him out he will die….he’s gonna have to be a house cat now.”   The girls had to promise to clean up the litter boxes, clean up any messes he might make, and understand that he must get fixed as soon as possible.  But now we have 3 house cats.   (Side note- I am fully aware that when Mr. Softie said the girls were attached, he meant to say “I am attached!”)

The girls are denying it, but it is my belief that this cat has already been partially living inIde.  For one thing, he already knew where the litter was located, where the food bowl is, and seemed very at ease, even when Marge was checking him out! Considering that Marge also seemed comfortable around him and I’m just going to guess that we had an unauthorized visitor long before today.  Today, he became an official member of the house.   

He’s a super sweet boy!   

Still laughing at Woody for guzzling down the hummingbird water.  Earlier Mallory was here - we were laughing about his sugar addiction- and since I put out a bucket of fresh water I am sure he’s a sugar junkie.  It makes me smile.  Silly woodpecker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment